Senior Wellness Package
It is often assumed that older cats and dogs need less care, when actually the opposite is true. Just like elderly humans, older pets have special needs. In addition to bi-annual exams, senior health screenings provide valuable information such as liver, heart, kidney, and thyroid functions. When Meridian Park Veterinary Hospital performs routine labwork, we can learn what is going on inside your pet’s body.
Our specialized Senior Package includes:
- A comprehensive examination addressing your senior pet’s changing needs
- Senior laboratory work identifying changes in your pet’s organ functions
- Radiographs to address in advance any changes inside your pet’s body that would otherwise go unnoticed
- Fecal testing to identify parasites that are harmful to your pet and can also be passed on to you and your family.
- An electrocardiogram (ECG) to check for abnormalities in your pet’s heart function
Senior pets also benefit from supportive diets and other supplements, which will help your pet’s quality of life in their golden years. Products such as Dasuquin Soft Chews and S3 Soft Chews can keep your pet’s joints moving comfortably. Our knowledgeable staff would be happy to help you decide what diets and supplements are right for your pet! Meridian Park Veterinary Hospital also offers pain management plans based on your pet’s individual needs.